The COVID pandemic has reinforced the case for SME digitalisation by showing how digitalised business models can foster SMEs’ resilience.
What are the main challenges for SME digitalisation? Accountancy Europe conducted a survey to find out.
Some of the survey results:
- The most important obstacle to SMEs’ digitalisation identified was existing employees’ skill set deficiencies – and retraining them with relevant skills.
- Four potential benefits for small practices/SME accountants were highlighted by the respondents:
- cost savings and efficiency gains
- more interesting work (stemming from automation of more mundane tasks)
- expanding both the geographic scope and variety of potential services offered
- a better quality of services.